Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Using Paymo (version 3 Beta) to manage my projects

         I have just discovered Paymo. Free (for one user) project management software. This application has been extremely helpful in organizing my time and even helps me invoice and track payments. Previously, I had been using Curdbee at aprox. $100 / year, which worked quite well, but did not have the in depth project tracking that Paymo does.

         It took me a while to set up, but once I got it set up, it allows me to run Paymo Widget and Paymo Plus, which are two little apps that run in the background. Paymo Widget is like a stop watch that allows me to define project,s and tasks for the projects, and log specific time to these tasks. Paymo Plus keeps a running detailed list of everything you do on your computer, that you can link to tasks. That way if you forgot to start the Paymo Widget for a task, you can go to Paymo Plus and assign performed tasks to projects, after the fact.

         You also get invoicing capabilities, as well as estimating, time sheets, reports, and much more. You can take a tour of all the capabilities of Paymo here. I do not work for, nor receive any compensation from Paymo. If you need more than one user, there is a fee. As you can see the free version only allows you to invoice one per month, but the paid version ($9.95/month) allows 30 invoices per month and 2 users.

         As a Freelancer, I rarely invoice more than 30 invoices per month, and I only need one user (myself). I hope this helps other freelancers organize their time and make the day to day record keeping much easier. As a creative, I like being able to simplify the record keeping and being able to spend more time on the creative process.





No comments:

Post a Comment